OPEN A NEW E-MAIL.
140 Ponytails Needed to Help Kids
The Ponytail Roundup is an ongoing hair drive and awareness campaign to help build funds and donations for Locks of Love, a non profit organization that benefits disadvantaged kids age 18 and under who have permanent medical hair loss due to cancer treatments, alopecia or burns. All donations gathered by the Ponytail Roundup are sent once a month directly to Locks of Love.
Our goal is to raise awareness and funds for Locks of Love and to have 600 ponytails by Jan., 2004. With children waiting to receive hair pieces, we want to make sure no potential donation ever hits the ground that could have been donated.
It takes 14 ponytails of 10 inches long or more to create one custom-fitted, handmade hair piece for a child with permanent medical hair loss. It takes two inches to secure the hair into the hairpiece, so 10 inches is the standard donation, however, you can send in ponytails that are less than 10 inches or longer. All donations are used to support the cause.
WAYS YOU CAN HELP
1. Grow your hair to be harvested and donate it to Ponytail Roundup (www.ponytailroundup.com) or directly to Locks of Love (www.locksoflove.org). Donations sent to Ponytail Roundup will go towards our awareness campaign goal of helping us to reach 600 ponytail collections by Jan. 2004 for Locks of Love.
2. Help promote Ponytail Roundup by visiting our website (www.ponytailroundup.com), printing out our flyer and distributing it to hair salons, friends, family, neighbors and other businesses in your area who might be willing to help.
3. Forward this e-mail to friends, family, neighbors and business acquaintances who might be willing to help.
4. Make a cash donation to "Ponytail Roundup" at any branch of the Columbia River Bank in the Oregon area.
5. Arrange through the Ponytail Roundup for a Cutting Rights Benefit Auction for your organization.
6. Become a participating hair salon by contacting the Ponytail Roundup.
HOW TO MAKE A DONATION
Print out a Tail Tag found at: www.ponytailroundup.com/images/tailtag.gif, complete the form and attach it to your ponytail donation with a rubber band.
On the day you cut your hair, your hair needs to be clean and DRY. Please braid or rubber band the ponytail at both ends. (This makes the hair stay together when it is shipped to Locks of Love in Florida.) Measure 10 inches, bundled. Place donation in a plastic bag. We can pick up the hair or you can drop it off at Cutsforth Thriftway, Customer Service, 225 N.E. 2nd Ave., Canby, Oregon. Or mail it to Ponytail Roundup PO BOX 167 Canby, Oregon 97013
You can also make a cash donation to "Ponytail Roundup" at any branch of the Columbia River Bank. All financial donations are tax deductible (Federal Tax ID #65-0755522).