Photos of Rosa Martinez courtesy of Andy McDavid at Front Street Photography, Canby, Oregon
The goal of the Ponytail Roundup is to collect donations and raise awareness for Locks of Love. This non-profit organization provides custom-fitted, handmade hair pieces for disadvantaged kids age 18 and under who suffer permanent medical hair loss due to cancer treatments, alopecia or burns. With children waiting to receive hair pieces, we want to make sure no potential donation ever hits the ground and ends up in a trash can.
WAYS YOU CAN HELP
2. Help promote Ponytail Roundup by printing out this flyer and distributing it to friends, neighbors, co-workers, hair salons and other businesses in your area who might be willing to help.
3. Send e-mail out telling about the needs of children with permanent medical hair loss. Click here for suggested wording.
4. Make a cash donation to "Ponytail Roundup" at any branch of the Columbia River Bank.
5. Arrange for a Cutting Rights Benefit Auction for your organization. Contact JillMarie Wiles at (503) 263-4747 for more information. Click here to read about the recent Canby Chamber of Commerce auction.
7. If you have a website, copy this Ponytail Roundup banner and create a link to this site.
here to purchase "Curly", the Locks of Love
charity bear, at the Charity Bear website. The bear costs $10
with $6 being donated to Locks of Love.
HOW TO MAKE A DONATION
Click here to print out a Tail Tag, complete the form and attach it to your ponytail donation with a rubber band.
On the day you cut your hair, your hair needs to be clean and DRY. Please braid or rubber band the ponytail at both ends. Measure your hair and put information with your name and address with the hair. Place donation in a plastic bag. Mail your donation to P.O. Box 167, Canby, Oregon 97013. (Donated ponytails can be less than 10 inches, however it is best to send 10 inches or longer if possible. During the production process, it takes at least 2 inches to secure the hair into the hairpiece.)
You can also make a cash donation to "Ponytail Roundup" at any branch of the Columbia River Bank. All financial donations are tax deductible (Federal Tax ID #65-0755522).
PARTICIPATING HAIR SALONS
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
What is the
How many ponytails
does it take?
Why is the
minimum ponytail length 10 inches?
Can I donate
colored, grey, permed or short hair?
Do you accept
How much do
these hair pieces cost?
BEFORE & AFTER PHOTOS
The official photographer for the Ponytail Roundup is Andy McDavid of Front Street Photography in Canby, Oregon. He will take Before & After photos free of charge for publicity use by Ponytail Roundup. Other photos may be purchased for personal keepsakes at a minimal cost to donors. You may reach him at (503) 651-3711 to make an appointment.
WHO TO CONTACT